- Skill level
- Keen cook
- Preparation Time
- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 1 hour - 1 hour 20 minutes
- Serves 4 (2 per person)
Enjoy these perfect little potato bombs, which are packed full of flavour and great party nibbles for all the family to share.
- 8 medium-large potatoes
- 16 slices of streaky bacon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Small pot of crème fraiche or mayonnaise
- Small bunch of chives
- Corned beef
- Cheddar cheese or blue cheese
- Leftover roast meat
- 1Using an apple corer force a hole all the way through each potato lengthways.
- 2Keep the cored section of potato and cut a 1cm piece from each end to use as a plug.
- 3Fill the hole of each potato with filling of choice then plug up the ends.
- 4Wrap each potato in 2 slices of streaky bacon, rub over olive oil and wrap tightly in foil.
- 5Either cook on BBQ or preheated oven at 180°C / Fan 160°C / Fan 4 for 1 hour - 1 hour 20 until soft.
- 6Once cooked unwrap from foil, cut in half and serve with a dollop of crème fraiche and chopped chives.