- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 20 minutes
- Serves 2-3
This is a great way to use up leftover mashed potato and Brussels sprouts.
- 350g cooked mashed potato
- 15g butter
- 77g pancetta or chopped smoked bacon pieces
- 3-4 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 15 cooked Brussels sprouts, chopped
- Black pepper to season
- Chopped coriander to garnish
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / Fan 180°C / Gas 6.
- 2Fry the pancetta or bacon and shallots in butter for 2-3 minutes, add the garlic and chilli and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- 3Place into a bowl, stir in the mash and Brussels sprouts. Mix well and season and divide the mixture between 6 well- greased Yorkshire pudding tins. Bake in a preheated oven 180oC Fan/ Gas 5 for 15-20 minutes.
- 4These can be made in advance and refrigerated prior to cooking. Serve with cold meats and tomato or onion chutney.