- Skill level
- Keen cook
- Preparation Time
- 10 mins
- Cooking Time
- 10 mins
- Serves 3-4
This versatile salad can be enjoyed as a main meal or as the ideal accompaniment to a cold spread.A club salad is a great way to use up left over turkey - as well as enjoy fresh new potatoes. Best enjoyed al-fresco.
- 200g New/Baby potatoes, boiled/steamed and sliced in half lengthways
- 100g turkey breast, cut into thin strips
- 3-4 rashers of smoked back bacon, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2-3 spring onions, chopped finely
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Handful of chives, chopped finely
- 1 lettuce head, roughly torn/chopped (Cos or Gem work well)
- A little sunflower oil for frying
- Sea salt and black pepper to season
- 1In a large non-stick frying pan, heat a little sunflower oil and cook the bacon and turkey on a fairly high heat for a few minutes until lightly golden.
- 2Reduce the heat slightly, add the sugar and continue to cook until it is browned and slightly caramelised.
- 3Add the potatoes and spring onions and fry for a couple of minutes to heat the potatoes through.
- 4Remove from the pan, tip into a large bowl and leave to cool.
- 5When the mix is cooled add the mayonnaise and lemon juice. Stir in well, season to taste.
- 6Serve on the lettuce leaves, topped with chopped chives.