- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 6 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 25 minutes
- Serves 4
This delicious recipe presents some of the best of the summer’s seasonal flavours in a healthy and satisfying soup.
- 6 - 7 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 500g New/Baby potatoes, diced
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 850ml vegetable or chicken stock, hot
- 250g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 180g ham hock, shredded
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche
- Sea salt and black pepper to season
- Sprigs of fresh mint to garnish
- 1Put the spring onions into a large pan with the potato, garlic and stock. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 12 - 15 minutes, until the potato is starting to soften. Add the peas to the soup base and simmer for 4 - 5 minutes.
- 2Stir in the lemon juice and cool slightly. Remove 4 heaped tbsp of the potato and pea mixture to reserve for the garnish then blend the soup until smooth.
- 3With the soup back in the saucepan, add most of the ham hock, reserving a little for the garnish. Heat the soup through, season with salt and pepper then stir in the crème fresh.
- 4Serve the soup in bowls, garnished with the reserved peas, potatoes, ham hock and sprigs of mint.