- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 5 mins
- Cooking Time
- 20 mins
- Serves 2
Quick & easy
This easy-to-make side dish really completes a meal.No summer spread is complete without some crushed mini potatoes on offer; light, fluffy and filling - it really isn't a side dish which can be forgotten about.
- 500g small Baby/New potatoes
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 – 4 stalks of fresh thyme
- 1Give the potatoes a wash, put into a pan and cover with cold water then add a good pinch of salt.
- 2Bring to the boil, and simmer gently for 8 - 10 minutes or until the potatoes are almost cooked but still slightly firm (poke gently with a knife to test).
- 3Remove the pan from the heat and drain away the water using a colander.
- 4Allow the potatoes to cool slightly while you heat the olive oil in a heavy based frying pan.
- 5Add the potatoes to the frying pan along with a little salt and pepper.
- 6Stir gently then crush the potatoes lightly with a potato masher or fork so that they just split slightly.
- 7Cook on a medium heat for around 10 minutes until golden and crispy, turning occasionally.
- 8Add the thyme for the last 5 minutes of cooking to infuse the dish.