- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 20 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 40 minutes
- Serves 4
Special edition BBQ recipe - developed by Hoggy's GrillIf you're looking to try something different with your New potatoes, these hasselbacks are guaranteed to go down a treat with your BBQ spread. Add slices of pepperoni or salami for extra flavour.
- 12 individual New potatoes
- 150g melted butter
- 24 slices pepperoni or salami or your choice, cut in half
- Parmesan cheese to sprinkle
- 1Preheat your grill for indirect cooking to approximately 190°C / Fan 170°C / Gas 5.
- 2Thinly slice vertically each potato, leaving 1cm unsliced at the bottom. Helpful tip: if you slice off the bottom of the potato making it flat, then use 2 wooden spoons either side of your potato to prevent your knife being able to reach the cutting surface!
- 3Place your potatoes, flat side down, directly onto the grill and brush the cut sections with melted butter.
- 4Spread the pepperoni slices on the grill next to the potatoes and crisp up (approximately ten minutes). Remove from heat.
- 5After 20 minutes, brush again with melted butter and lay the potatoes on their sides.
- 6After another ten minutes, brush again with melted butter and change sides.
- 7After a further ten minutes, turn the potatoes back onto the flat side. At this point, the potatoes should have opened up and have a golden-brown colour. Leave a little longer if they do not look like this!
- 8Add four slices of crisped pepperoni per potato and serve with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and your favourite sauce.