- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 10 mins
- Cooking Time
- 60 -75 mins
- Serves 6-8
Our low-fat roasties are a healthier alternative for the Christmas Day dinner plate. Great for those watching what they eat over the festive period.
- Around 2.5kg - 3kg potatoes (preferably King Edward or Maris Piper)
- Allow 3 cubes of potatoes, approximately 3cm square, per person
- 500ml vegetable stock for 6 people - 600mls for 8 (hot)
- Rapeseed oil for brushing
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / Fan 180°C / Gas 6. Peel and cut potatoes into 3cm cubes (save the trimmings to make mash).
- 2Place the potato cubes into a shallow oven-proof tray. Pour in the hot vegetable stock and brush the top of the potato cubes with a little rapeseed oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Oven bake for 1- 1 ¼ hours, until the stock has evaporated and the potatoes are crisp and golden.