- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 15 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 20 minutes
- Serves 2
Our kale and sundried tomato mash channels some of the best Mediterranean flavours to create a delicious infusion on a classic side.
- 500g red potatoes
- 75ml hot milk
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2tbsp oil from a jar of sundried tomatoes
- 30g sliced kale
- 3-4 finely chopped sundried tomatoes
- crushed clove of garlic (optional)
- 1Peel the potatoes and chop into quarters or eighths
- 2Place in a pan of salted water, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes until tender.
- 3Drain, then mash, mix in the hot milk and 2tbsp oil from a jar of sundried tomatoes and season to taste.
- 4Blanch 30g sliced kale in boiling water for 3-4 minutes (approximately 1½ cupfuls) and add to the mash with 3-4 finely chopped sundried tomatoes (30-40g). Season to taste.
- 5A crushed clove of garlic could also be added to this recipe if desired. Add garlic to the kale when blanching.