- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 20 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 5 minutes
- Serves 4
Layering the potato salad over the asparagus allows it to soak up all the delicious flavours and makes a perfect light lunch or summer supper.
- 250g New/Baby potatoes, boiled and cut into quarters lengthwise
- 500g asparagus spears
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 50g black olives, stoned and halved
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp basil, finely chopped
- 150g crumbly blue cheese, crumbled or cut into 1cm cubes
- Sea salt and black pepper, to season
- 1Clean and trim the asparagus, then add to a pan of boiling salted water. Blanch for 1-3 minutes until tender.
- 2Remove the asparagus from the pan and rinse in cold water to prevent further cooking.
- 3Mix the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper together for the dressing.
- 4In a large bowl, toss together the boiled potatoes, tomatoes, olives, shallots and basil with the dressing.
- 5Lay out the asparagus in a serving dish, spoon the potato mix onto the asparagus then top with the blue cheese.