- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 20 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 50 minutes
- Serves 4 (as a side dish)
Special edition BBQ recipe - developed by Hoggy's GrillThis veggie New potato salad is filled with halloumi, beetroot, cashew nuts and plenty of veg. It's super easy to make and the perfect vegetarian addition to any BBQ.
- 750g New potatoes, roasted and crushed
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Handful of lambs' lettuce, washed
- 1 stick of celery, sliced
- 50g beetroot, cooked and shredded
- 100g cashew nuts
- 1 packet fresh halloumi, sliced, marinated and grilled
- Handful of pomegranate seeds
- Handful of chopped salad onions
- Balsamic reduction for drizzling
- Olive Oil
- 1Preheat your grill for indirect cooking at 190°C / Fan 170°C / Gas 5.
- 2Oil the New potatoes and place in a large skillet in the preheated BBQ.
- 3Cook until golden brown for approx. 50 minutes, shaking the pan every ten minutes or so and adding the fresh rosemary after 40 minutes.
- 4Whilst the potatoes are cooking, slice the halloumi, marinate in your favourite rub for ten minutes (we used Hoggy’s Maple and Chilli Rub) and place directly on the grill next to the potatoes for approximately four minutes each side. Remove from heat.
- 5Once the skins are golden brown, crush lightly with a fork until the skins “pop”.
- 6Combine all the other ingredients in a bowl and toss lightly. Finally add the potatoes and mix.
- 7Drizzle with the balsamic reduction (or your favourite salad dressing) and serve.