- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 15 minutes
- Serves 4-6
This is a modern twist on a classic potato salad, with a punchy grown-up flavour combination.Combined with an anchovy, vinegar and garlic dressing, these peppery summer garden ingredients go perfectly with chargrilled meat or fish.
- 600g New potatoes
- 1 tin anchovy fillets, plus tbsp of oil from the tin
- 2tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp cold water
- Fresh watercress
- A handful of fresh radishes, trimmed and quartered
- Black pepper
- 1Wash the potatoes and place in a pan of salted cold water and bring to a boil, when they begin to boil set the timer for 12 minutes.
- 2After this time remove them from the heat and cool down in a sink of cold water, changing the water a couple of times. Once cooled, dry them oﬀ and set aside.
- 3To make the dressing combine the anchovies, vinegar, garlic, oil and water in a pestle and mortar or blender and blend/pound until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings as required - adding salt or vinegar to balance the flavours.
- 4To serve, coat the potatoes and radishes in half the sauce and roll together gently in a bowl, add the watercress to the top and without mixing it in, pick it up and place into a serving dish - this keeps the watercress crisp.
- 5Add black pepper and serve.