- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 5 mins
- Cooking Time
- 5 mins
- Serves 3-4
Quick & easy
To make a potato and asparagus omelette, you have to crack a few eggs!An omelette is a staple meal in homes across the world - whether enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This wholesome omelette is quick, easy and delicious and can be prepared in just 10 mins.
- 200g New/Baby potatoes, cooked and sliced in half lengthways
- 100g asparagus tips
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small handful of tarragon, finely chopped
- 30g grated French gruyère
- A little light olive oil to fry
- A knob of butter to fry
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1Blanch the asparagus in boiling water for 1 minute (longer if thicker) and chill in iced water to stop it cooking.
- 2Combine the eggs, cheese, mustard, tarragon and seasoning to a bowl and whisk with a fork to make an ‘omelette’ mixture.
- 3Heat the oil in a pan and fry the potatoes for 3 - 4 minutes to colour, add the asparagus and fry for a further minute.
- 4Turn up the heat a little, and add the butter.
- 5When the butter has melted, pour the egg mixture to the pan and cook for a few minutes until the bottom is almost cooked.
- 6Place the pan under a preheated grill and cook for a few minutes until the eggs are set and cooked on the top.
- 7Slide onto a plate and cut into wedges to serve