- Skill level
- Keen cook
- Preparation Time
- 10 mins
- Cooking Time
- 30 mins
- Serves 4-6
A delicious and substantial summer salad.Mildly sweet roasted new potatoes and creamy avocado soften the salty bacon and blue cheese for a perfect summertime combo.
- 500g small New/Baby potatoes, cut in half lengthways
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g smoked bacon lardons
- 1 Romaine lettuce, washed and torn into pieces
- 1 large avocado, peeled and stoned, cut into 2cm cubes
- 180g blue cheese, cut into cubes
- Handful of chives, chopped, to garnish
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of sugar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C / Fan 180°C / Gas 6.
- 2Place the potatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with the oil, season and place in the oven for 30 minutes turning occasionally. After 15 minutes, add the smoked bacon lardons to the potatoes and cook for the remaining 15 minutes, again turning occasionally. Remove from the oven and drain the potatoes and bacon on kitchen paper and cool.
- 3Meanwhile, to make the dressing, mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- 4When the potato mixture is just warm, place in a salad bowl with the salad leaves, avocado and blue cheese. Mix very gently, dress the salad with the dressing and sprinkle with chopped chives.