- Skill level
- More ambitious
- Preparation Time
- 40 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 20 minutes
- Serves 6 as a party snack
If you’re looking for something a bit different for a party why not try these fruity, tangy, spicy and aromatic filo cups.
- 400g New/Baby potatoes
- 300g chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 300g spinach
- 5 tbsp sumac
- 1 pot pomegranate seeds
- 1 pack filo pastry
- Melted butter
- 100g low fat yoghurt
- 1 tbsp harissa
- 1Preheat the oven to 180˚C / Fan 160˚C / Gas 4.
- 2Lay out the filo pastry and cut into squares big enough to fit into large ramekin dishes. Brush each individual square with the melted butter and place them into the ramekin dishes, layering up 3 of the filo squares in each. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
- 3Meanwhile, wash the potatoes and simmer for 12 – 15 minutes in salted water until tender. Drain then dice and leave to cool.
- 4Make the drizzling sauce by mixing the harissa in to the yogurt.
- 5Cut up the spinach and blanch in butter until wilted.
- 6In a large bowl add the chicken, the diced potatoes and the spinach and then mix in the sumac until all the ingredients are coated.
- 7Take the filo baskets out of the ramekin dishes and put them onto a serving plate or board. Spoon the chicken and potato mixture into the filo baskets being careful not to break them. Serve with the aromatic drizzling sauce on the side.