- Skill level
- Keen cook
- Preparation Time
- 10 mins
- Cooking Time
- 15 mins
- Serves 3-4
This is a great dish for family breakfasts to use up any roast dinner leftovers, especially if you're cooking for a crowd.
- 3 large potatoes (raw or leftover cooked ones)
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 50g bacon lardons
- 100g button mushrooms, halved
- 125g cooked left-over turkey or ham
- 3-4 eggs
- Flat leaf parsley
- Salt and black pepper
- 1Pre-heat the oven at 190°C / Fan 170°C / Gas 5.
- 2If using raw potato, cut into large dice (leave the skin on if preferred) and microwave with 1 tbsp water for 6 - 7 minutes, or alternatively steam for 10 minutes. If using cooked potato just cut into cubes.
- 3Fry the onion, garlic, bacon and mushrooms in the rapeseed oil for 3-4 minutes, add the potatoes and continue cooking until golden. Stir in the cooked turkey.
- 4Either poach 3 - 4 eggs and serve over the hash or crack the eggs over the top of the hash and oven bake until set. Sprinkle with flat leaf parsley, salt and black pepper before serving.