- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 10 mins
- Cooking Time
- 25 mins
- Serves 5-6 as a party snack
Tangy leek combines perfectly with the rich earthiness of the potato and creaminess of Stilton to create these delicious bites, great for any party.TIP: These can be made in advance, covered with cling film and left in the fridge until you are ready to cook them. Try using sautéed mushrooms or leftover Brussels and a little bacon as an alternative to leeks.
- 4 large potatoes, approx. 800g peeled weight (a firm and creamy variety like Desiree would work well for this)
- 25g butter
- 2 medium leeks, finely sliced
- 100g Stilton or other well flavoured cheese, cut into small chunks
- Salt and black pepper
- Rapeseed oil or melted butter for brushing
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C / Fan 180°C / Gas 6.
- 2Cut the potatoes in half lengthways, put into a large pan and parboil for 4 - 5 minutes. Drain, leave to cool and then grate into a bowl.
- 3Place the leeks into a shallow dish with the butter, cover and microwave for 2 ½ - 3 minutes to soften. Alternatively pan fry for 4 - 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Lightly oil a mini muffin tray. Place a heaped teaspoon of grated potato into each ring, season and press down. Place a layer of cooked leeks on top and a layer of Stilton on top of that. Top with the remaining potato. Brush the top with a little rapeseed oil or butter.
- 5Bake for 15 – 20 minutes.