- Skill level
- Keen cook
- Preparation Time
- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 30 minutes
- Serves 4
This is a deliciously rich and creamy soup, with the peppery bite of rocket. For a lighter, sharper version, try substituting the cream for crème fraiche.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 medium-sized leeks
- A big handful of rocket leaves roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 300ml single cream
- Sea salt and black pepper
For the croutons
- 2 slices of bread, cut into chunky cubes
- 100g blue cheese (Gorgonzola is good), chopped
- A little olive oil
- 1Melt the butter in heavy-based saucepan and add the spring onions, leeks, celery and potatoes. Fry on a low heat for 10 minutes to soften slightly.
- 2Add the stock and cream and cook on medium heat for a further 15-20 minutes.
- 3When the soup is cooked add the rocket, season to taste and blend to a smooth, creamy consistency.
- 4To make the croutons, heat the oil in a frying pan and pan fry the bread chunks for a few minutes until they are crisp and lightly browned. Add the blue cheese and allow it to just melt so that it coats the crispy croutons.
- 5Serve immediately with the soup.