- Skill level
- Keen cook
- Cooking Time
- 30 - 40 minutes
- Serves 2
Don't waste that fibre-rich potato peel! Get all the goodness out of it with this delicious soup recipe.
- 200g of left over potato peel
- 10g of melted butter
- 1 onion
- 500ml whole milk
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper
- Parma ham (grilled)
- Poached egg
- 500ml of chicken stock
- 1Melt the butter in a large pan. Add the onions and gently cook till they are translucent. Then add the potato peel and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- 2Add the milk and the stock to the pan along with the seasoning and the bay leaf. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and place the lid on the pan and leave to simmer for a further 15 minutes, until the potato peel is soft.
- 3Take the soup off the heat and puree with a stick blender. Heat the soup up 5 minutes before you wish to serve.
- 4Boil some water on the hob with a splash of cider vinegar. Once boiling take off the heat and gently add the egg, keep the pan off the heat and place the lid on for a further 4 minutes or until the egg is poached. Remove from water with a slotted spoon and dry on some kitchen roll.
- 5To serve add the egg and diced pancetta to the soup then place the grilled parma ham on top.