- Skill level
- Keen cook
- Preparation Time
- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 45 minutes
- Serves 4
Let Your Tastebuds Travel
Watch the recipe video of this delicious Majorcan Style Stew here.
New Potatoes soak up Spanish-style flavours to create a fragrant and delicious spring stew. Adding tiger prawns just before the end of cooking leaves them perfectly cooked and juicy!
- 400g New/Baby potatoes
- Flaked sea salt, to season
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 2 sweet white onions, finely sliced
- 200g chorizo sausage, sliced into 1/2 cm rounds
- 2 red pepper, diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, plus an extra tsp of fresh leaves to garnish
- 2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 8 tiger prawns
- 1 tsp fresh oregano leaves, to garnish
- Aioli, to serve
- 1Slice the potatoes into 1 cm thick rounds. Place a saucepan of water on to boil with a pinch of salt, add the new potatoes and simmer for 10 minutes, or until slightly tender then drain through a colander.
- 2Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan that has a lid over a low-medium heat. Add the garlic, sweet onion and chorizo, stirring so that the oil coats everything in the pan evenly. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the onions are translucent and the chorizo has started to brown slightly. Add the red pepper and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- 3Add the potatoes to the sauté pan with the dried oregano, thyme sprigs and sweet smoked paprika, stir to coat then pour in the chopped tomatoes. Fill one empty tomato can with water and pour into the pan. Add a pinch of salt then stir and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4Place the tiger prawns onto the stew and cover with the lid. Cook about 5-8 minutes until the prawns have turned pink, depending on the size of your prawns, turning them over halfway through cooking.
- 5Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with the fresh oregano and thyme leaves, and serve with a dollop of aioli.