- Skill level
- Keen cook
- Preparation Time
- 15 mins
- Cooking Time
- 30 mins
- Serves 2
Here’s a delicious and filling vegetarian snack, ideal for impressing friends or family. Perfect for fans of rich earthy tastes.
- 300g cooked mashed potatoes (Desiree is a great masher, but any creamy all-rounder would work)
- 4 Portabello mushrooms
- 100g cooked chestnuts, chopped
- 50g porcini mushrooms - if you’re using fresh ones just chop finely, if you’re using dried ones soak in hot water until rehydrated, then drain and chop
- 60g sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 3 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp basil or parsley, chopped
- Salt & black pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C / Fan 180°C / Gas 6.
- 2Place the cooked mashed potatoes in a large bowl.
- 3Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and finely dice.
- 4Fry shallots, chopped mushroom stalks and porcini mushrooms in the rapeseed oil until softened.
- 5Add the garlic and cook for a further minute. Add in the sundried tomatoes, chestnuts and herbs then tip the mixture in to the mashed potato and mix well.
- 6Brush each of the Portabello mushrooms with a little oil then place upside down on an ovenproof dish and pile the potato mixture on top of each one.
- 7Oven bake for 18-20 minutes until golden.