- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 15 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 20-25 minutes
- Serves 4 (3 per person)
Quick & easy
Seasoning these crispy potato twists with paprika gives them a smokey kick and makes the perfect snack.
- 12 medium sized potatoes (longer thinner potatoes work best)
- 1 tsp salt
- 20ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1Pre-heat oven to 200˚C and place two large baking trays in the oven to heat up.
- 2Push a wooden skewer through each potato, leaving the potato at one end of the skewer.
- 3You can cut the potato into a spiral (or tornado) shape by hand by using a very sharp knife and cutting into the potato at the top and twisting it as you cut until you get to the bottom, or for ease use a potato spiral cutter.
- 4Once the potato has been cut through, fan it out the length of the skewer.
- 5Combine the olive oil with the paprika and salt.
- 6Using a pastry brush distribute the oil mixture over the potatoes and place on the baking trays in a single layer. For a healthier option spray the skewers with fry light and dust with the paprika.
- 7Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and crispy.
- 8Serve the skewers as they are as nibbles or part of a meal.
- 9Also works well with various flavours (herbs, fajita spices, garam masala) and parmesan could also be used to flavour by sprinkling a small amount over the swirls a couple of minutes before the end of cooking.