- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 10 mins
- Cooking Time
- 30-35 mins
- Serves 4
Roast potatoes are an English classic, but these have that Italian flavour no one can resist.For a deliciously warming dish on a cool autumn day these new potatoes are great roasted in a little olive oil. Herbs, garlic and onion add an Italian twist, and for extra flavour you could try adding some cubed pancetta half way through cooking.
- 750g Italian new potatoes
- 5 cloves garlic (leave whole)
- 1 red onion (peeled and cut into quarters)
- A handful of fresh rosemary and thyme
- Salt & black pepper to season
- 2- 3 tbsp of olive oil for cooking
- 130g cubed pancetta
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C / Fan 180°C / Gas 6.
- 2Wash the potatoes and cut in half lengthways, then add them to the rest of the ingredients in a deep roasting tin.
- 3Mix well and roast for around 30 minutes, turning occasionally until the potatoes are cooked through and golden. Season to taste and serve.