- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 10 mins
- Cooking Time
- 35 mins
- Serves 3-4
Roast potatoes with a refreshing lemon twist adds another dimension to dinner time.Why not try these flavourful zesty roasties instead of plain ones with a succulent pork joint or roast chicken?
- 750g New/Baby potatoes
- 10-15 fresh sage leaves
- 1 unwaxed lemon (cut in quarters and seeds removed)
- 2-3 tbsp light olive oil
- Sea salt & black pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C / Fan 180°C / Gas 6.
- 2Wash the potatoes and cut larger ones in half. Steam or boil in salted water for around 5 minutes to par-cook. Drain, then toss them in enough olive oil to coat well and put in a roasting tin with the lemon and seasoning.
- 3Roast for around 30 minutes, turning occasionally, until the potatoes are cooked and golden.
- 4Heat a small amount of olive oil in a frying pan and quick-fry the sage leaves for 5 – 10 seconds. As soon as they’re done, remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
- 5Squeeze the lemon quarters over the potatoes and crumble the crispy sage leaves on top. Season to taste and serve.