- Skill level
- Keen cook
- Preparation Time
- 20 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 40 minutes
- Serves 2
Bursting with vitamins and minerals as well as flavour, this healthy bowl packs a substantial punch.
- 8 cauliflower florets
- 8 stems of purple sprouting broccoli
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp turmeric
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 8 - 10 New/Baby potatoes
- 2 handfuls of watercress or rocket
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp low fat yoghurt
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Zest of a lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- Salt and Black pepper to season
- 1Preheat the oven to 200˚C / fan 180˚C / gas 5.
- 2Mix the turmeric and oil together.
- 3Place the broccoli and cauliflower onto a roasting dish, drizzle with 1 tbsp of the turmeric oil and roast for 10-15 minutes. Add the red pepper and roast for another 10 minutes until tender.
- 4Wash the potatoes and simmer gently in salted water for around 10 – 15 minutes until they’re tender and cooked through. Remove from heat, drain and cut into bite-sized chunks.
- 5Meanwhile place the salmon fillets onto a roasting tin, spread with the remaining turmeric mix, season and roast for 15 minutes, until cooked through.
- 6Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together in a large bowl. Once the potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower have cooled place them into the bowl with the dressing along with the watercress and the roasted red peppers and mix well.
- 7Divide the dressed salad between two bowls and top each one with a salmon fillet to serve.