- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 20 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 25 minutes
- Serves 4
Nothing quite says summertime like a barbecue. These vibrant potato and pork skewers are a deliciously healthy way to make the meat go further.
- 500g Shetland Black potatoes (or you can use any firm New/Baby variey)
- 450g pork fillet
- 1 medium courgette
- 2 yellow peppers
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1 lemon
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 20ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1Place a large pan of salted water on to boil.
- 2Cut the potatoes into bite sized chunks and par boil for five minutes. Drain the potatoes and allow to cool slightly.
- 3Cut the pork fillet into bite sized chunks and place in a large bowl.
- 4Slice the courgette into rounds, chop the yellow pepper into small chunks and place these in the bowl with the pork.
- 5Finely chop the fresh rosemary. Crush the garlic and add these to the bowl, along with the cooled potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over the olive oil and the juice from the lemon. Mix together to combine.
- 6Skewer up all the ingredients alternating potato, pork, pepper and courgette. Makes approximately 12 skewers.
- 7Cook on the barbecue and make sure to turn frequently until nicely charred, cook them for about 10-15 minutes depending on the heat of the barbecue.
- 8Serve with a crisp salad.