- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 20 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 20 minutes
- Serves 4
Here’s a delicious gluten-free vegetarian soufflé that would make an ideal starter or light lunch. You can make the mashed potato fresh or use up some that’s left-over. You’ll just need to heat it up before mixing.
- 300g hot mashed potato (Desiree is a great masher, but you can use any creamy all-rounder)
- 10g Porcini mushrooms, soaked in 2 tbsp hot water
- 2 chestnut mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15g) red onion, very finely chopped
- 30g butter
- Polenta for dusting
- 2 large eggs, separated plus one extra egg white
- Sea salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- 1Grease four ramekin dishes with butter and dust with polenta
- 2Preheat oven to 200°C / Fan 180°C / Gas 6.
- 3Drain the porcini mushrooms and chop finely. Gently fry the porcini mushrooms, chestnut mushrooms and red onion in the butter & 1 tsp oil until softened.
- 4Add the cooked mushrooms to the hot mashed potato. Stir in the egg yolks and mix well. Season .
- 5Whisk the egg whites until stiff and gently fold them into the potato mixture.
- 6Divide the mixture between the prepared ramekins.
- 7Bake for 16-18 minutes until risen and golden.
- 8Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.