- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 10 mins
- Cooking Time
- 35 mins
- Serves 4-6
New potatoes are often the most versatile and create fantastically flavoursome dishes.This is a substantial lunchtime treat, delicious served still slightly warm with a green salad or great cooled and packed in a lunchbox.
- 500g Italian new potatoes
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 large onion (finely sliced)
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- 100g spinach leaves
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- 100g ricotta
- 6 eggs (well beaten)
- Sea salt & black pepper to season
- 1Wash the potatoes and steam or boil in salted water for 20 minutes (or until tender). Drain and cut into bite-sized chunks.
- 2Preheat the oven to 200°C / Fan 180°C / Gas 6.
- 3Gently heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onion and potatoes. Cook for around 5 minutes, then add the cherry tomatoes and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- 4Remove the pan from the heat, add the spinach and basil leaves. Mix gently then turn in to a greased 30 x 20cm baking tin. Dot the ricotta over then pour in the eggs. Cook in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes until the egg mix is cooked through. Allow to set before slicing out and serving.