- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 20 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 30 minutes
- Serves 4
Spiralisers are great for adding a twist to potatoes too. Here’s a gluten-free way to make your burgers a bit more special by using spiralised potatoes to make ‘buntatoes’.
For the ‘bun’
- 800g potatoes (Desiree works well, but any firm, creamy all-rounder would be fine)
- 2 tbs light olive oil
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 4 standard size or 8 mini burgers
- Burger trimmings of your choice: lettuce, tomato, cheese, gherkins, ketchup
- 1Wash and pat dry your potatoes, then spiralise them (no need to peel first).
- 2Place the spiralised potatoes onto an oven tray which has been lined with greaseproof paper. Coat lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Cook at 190°C / Fan 170°C / Gas 5 for around 30 minutes, occasionally turning gently so they cook evenly.
- 3Meanwhile cook your burgers and prepare your trimmings.
- 4Arrange half of the spiralised potato into neat piles on the plates. Top each pile with a burger and trimmings then top with more spiralised potato. Voila!