- Skill level
- Keen cook
- Preparation Time
- 1 hour
- Cooking Time
- 15 mins
- Serves 2-3
This asian-inspired dish proves just how versatile potatoes can be.Potatoes are incredibly adaptable and this delicious dish proves that stir-fry doesn't always need noodles or rice!
- 350g new or baby potatoes, cut into thin wedges or slices
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 200ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 small head of Chinese leaf or 2 small heads of pak choi, coarsely chopped
For the marinade
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (or use half sesame seed oil)
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- About 2cm of fresh ginger root, grated
- 1Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl and add the potato slices. Cover and leave in the fridge for an hour to infuse the flavours.
- 2Heat a splash of oil in a wok or frying pan, stir fry the red pepper for a couple of minutes before adding the marinated potatoes and stir frying for another few minutes.
- 3Add the stock and any remaining marinade, cover and cook for around 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. The sauce will have reduced to a glaze, so be careful not to let it burn. Add a little stock/water during cooking if it reduces too quickly.
- 4In the last couple of minutes throw in the Chinese leaf or pak choi, stir gently and serve.