- Skill level
- More ambitious
- Preparation Time
- 20 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 25 minutes
- Serves 2
Packed full of fresh veg and vitamins, this vibrant salad will knock your socks off.
- 10 New/Baby potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Large handful of kale
- 1 avocado
- 2 radish
- 1/2 pack of halloumi
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 4 cooked beetroot
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- 10 fresh pea pods or mange tout
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Seasoning to taste
- Small handful of super sprouts
- 4 tbsp crème fraiche
- 2 tsp harissa paste
- 1Preheat oven to 190°C / Fan 170°C / Gas 5.
- 2Finely slice the red onion and put in a small bowl with the vinegar to marinade.
- 3Cut the potatoes in half and simmer in salted water until soft.
- 4Peel and cube the sweet potato and place in an oven dish. Drizzle over the toasted sesame oil and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- 5Cut the halloumi into small cubes and dry fry.
- 6Once the sweet potatoes have cooked for 20 minutes, toss them and add the kale to the pan ensuring it is also tossed around in the oil.
- 7Cook for a further 5 minutes or until the kale has crisped up slightly then remove from the oven.
- 8Start to assemble all the ingredients into a shallow serving bowl.
- 9Use a potato peeler to thinly slice the carrot and cucumber lengthways then roll up.
- 10Cube the beetroot, half the cherry tomatoes, slice the avocado, cut the peas in half lengthways and finely slice the radish.
- 11Drain the vinegar from the red onion and discard.
- 12Once everything is assembled drizzle over the dressing of crème fraiche and harissa and finish off with a sprinkle of super sprouts.