- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 20 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 40-45 minutes
- Serves 4
This easy and simple sweet potato traybake is perfect for a mid-week family dinner. Colourful sweet potatoes, chicken thighs, sugar snap peas and red onion are roasted with herbs and paprika.
- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks (a selection of different coloured ones work well, if you can get hold of them)
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 250g sugar snap peas
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 6 skinless chicken thigh fillets, each cut in half
- 2 lemons, 1 juiced and 1 cut into wedges to serve
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 150ml chicken stock
- 1Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Add the sweet potatoes and garlic to a large roasting tray and sprinkle over the dried herbs. Season and drizzle over 1 tbsp of the oil, then toss everything together. Spread the sweet potatoes out in an even layer and roast for 10 mins.
- 2Remove the tray from the oven and add the onion wedges and sugar snap peas followed by the chicken pieces. Drizzle with the remaining ½ tbsp oil. Squeeze over the lemon juice and sprinkle with the paprika. Return to the oven for 15 mins.
- 3Pour over most of the chicken stock, then roast for a final 15-20 mins (topping up with a little more stock if it starts to look too dry) until the chicken is cooked through and the veg is completely tender. Squeeze the garlic cloves from their skins and serve with lemon wedges.