- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 20 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 25 minutes
- Serves 4
Quick & easy
A great recipe for those busy festive days, this potato curry is made with a jar of ready-made Rogan Josh sauce.
- 500g boiled potatoes (Desiree works well, but any firm, creamy all-rounder would be fine), peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and diced
- 1 x 460g jar of Rogan Josh sauce
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely diced (optional)
- Boiled Basmati rice
- Mango chutney
- Chopped cucumber and tomatoes
- Desiccated coconut
- Naan breads
- 1Peel and cut the potatoes into chunks, then par boil the potatoes in salted water for five minutes. Drain and set to one side.
- 2Heat the oil in a large pan that has a lid. Sauté the onions in the oil for five minutes before adding the cubed potatoes. Continue to sauté for five minutes.
- 3Add the Rogan Josh sauce and the chilli if you want the extra heat.
- 4Place the lid on the pan and simmer for ten minutes.
- 5Keep warm over a low heat, until you serve it.
- 6Serve with rice, chutney, sambals and naan breads.