- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 5 minutes
- Cooking Time
- Serves 6
- 1.5kg floury potatoes (such as Maris Piper), peeled and chopped into equal sizes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Low-fat cooking spray
- 3 tbsp of polenta
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- Sea salt
- 6 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme leaves
- 1Heat the oven to 200°C / Fan 180°C / Gas 7.
- 2Peel the potatoes and cut them in to equal sizes. Place the potatoes into a large pan of cold water and bring to the boil. Simmer for five minutes, then drain well.
- 3Drizzle the oil into a large roasting tin and place it in the oven until heated.
- 4Return the potatoes to the pan and sprinkle over the polenta and flour. Cover the pan with a lid and shake well to fluff up the potatoes and coat them in the polenta and flour.
- 5Carefully remove the roasting tin from the oven and add the potatoes, lightly toss them to coat with the oil. Add the garlic and thyme and spray the low-fat cooking oil over the potatoes.
- 6Roast for 20 minutes then turn the potatoes and spray again with the low-fat cooking oil. Roast for a further 20 minutes or until they are crispy and golden.
- 7Serve in a warmed dish and season with sea salt. Sprinkle over extra thyme for decoration and serve.