- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 20 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 35-40 minutes
- Serves 4
These vibrant vegetarian sweet potato skewers are the perfect BBQ dish. Mixed with courgette and peppers, they're guaranteed to go down a treat.
- 500g mixed coloured sweet potatoes, cut into 2cm chunks (a selection of different coloured ones work well, if you can get hold of them)
- Courgette, sliced into 1.5cm rounds
- Peppers, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1Soak 8-10 wooden skewers in water for approx. 20 minutes.
- 2Microwave the sweet potato chinks in a covered dish with a little water for 2-4 minutes until tender but not cooked through. Uncover and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- 3Slide alternating pieces of the sweet potato, pepper and courgette slices onto skewers.
- 4Lightly oil a hot griddle pan and place around 2 to 3 skewers in the pan at one time.
- 5Turn the skewers regularly and cook until the vegetables are cooked through.
- 6Serve on their own or with a dressing such as Tzatziki, hummus or garlic mayo.