- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 15 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 45 minutes
- Serves 4
Set in a mesmerising ringed pattern, this vegan sweet potato bake is simple to make, eye-catching and tastes as good as it looks.This dish only requires six ingredients and is guaranteed to leave your guests wanting more.
- 600g sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tbsp plant-based butter, melted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 banana shallots, finely diced
- 1 garlic glove, grated
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1Preheat the oven to 200ºC / Fan 180ºC / Gas 6. Thinly slice the sweet potatoes.
- 2Mix together the melted butter and oil and use a little of it to grease a round oven-proof dish, large enough to fit the potatoes in snuggly.
- 3In a large bowl combine the remaining butter and olive oil, with the shallots, garlic and thyme.
- 4Season generously with sea salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Add the sliced potatoes and mix together so the slices are all coated.
- 5Stack the slices of potato together then arrange in a spiral shape within the prepared oven-proof dish.
- 6Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, or until tender and crispy on top.