- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 40 minutes
- Serves 4
Tasty and filling, this recipe makes the perfect lunch or brunch and you'd never know it was vegan.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 250g chickpea or gram flour
- 250ml water
- 50g vegan cheese, cubed
- 1 roasted red pepper, from a jar, roughly chopped
- 1Preheat the oven to 200ºC / 180ºC fan / gas mark 6. Place the cubed sweet potato and diced onion on a baking tray and toss with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and oregano. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until tender.
- 2Whisk together the chickpea flour with the water, adding a pinch of sea salt. When the sweet potato is cooked combine with the chickpea flour mix and the vegan cheese and roasted pepper. Season to taste.
- 3Preheat the grill. Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet or oven-proof pan. Fry on the hob over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until browned and bubbles are beginning to appear on the surface. Place under the grill and cook the top until browned and puffy. Leave to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan and slicing into wedges. Serve with a side salad.