- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 25 minutes
- Serves 4-6
A deliciously light potato salad that would complement a fish or chicken dish perfectly with just the right amount of zingy flavour.
- 750g New/Baby potatoes
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 tsp coarse rock salt
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1Wash the potatoes then steam or gently simmer for around 20 minutes until cooked through, adding the mint 5 minutes before the end.
- 2In a pestle and mortar (just use a bowl and spoon if you don’t have these), crush together the garlic and rock salt until they form a paste.
- 3Add in the lemon juice and zest, mustard and oil and whisk these ingredients together.
- 4Once the potatoes are cooked and tender, drain and transfer to a serving bowl.
- 5Pour over the dressing while the potatoes are still hot, tossing all the ingredients together until the potatoes are coated
- 6Scatter the chives and spring onions over the top, and season with salt and pepper if required