- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 20 minutes
- Serves 4
Cheesy mash is always a popular choice for a family dinner, but why not mix it up with a dash of wholegrain mustard for a warming kick?
- 500g potatoes (Desiree works well, but you can use any creamy all-rounder)
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 30g grated parmesan or mature cheddar cheese
- caramelised red onion (optional)
- 1Peel the potatoes and chop into quarters or eighths
- 2Place in a pan of salted water, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes until tender.
- 3Drain the potatoes then add 2 tbsp whole grain mustard and 30g grated parmesan or mature cheddar cheese to the potato before mashing. Season to taste.
- 4Try also topping with caramelised red onion for an extra special finish.