- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 5 mins
- Cooking Time
- 15 mins
- Serves 4-6
Quick & easy
Add some intrigue to your BBQ this year.Vegetarians have long been overlooked during the British BBQ season, but these potato and bay kebabs are the perfect option - enjoyed by both vegetarians and meat eaters alike.
- 500g baby / new potatoes, boiled in their skins until just soft
- Fresh bay leaves
For the marinade
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1Ideal for gentle barbecue cooking, but if the weather lets you down you can roast them in the oven on a non-stick tray (180°C, 350°F, Gas 4 for around 15 minutes).
- 2Take a metal skewer and thread alternatively onto the skewer the bay leaves and potatoes, using 5-6 potatoes per skewer.
- 3To make the marinade mix all the ingredients together, then using a pastry brush paint the marinade all over the potatoes.
- 4These kebabs can then be cooked, once the fierce heat has died down towards the end of the cooking, on the coolest part of the barbeque. Help them cook evenly by occasionally turning them and brushing the remaining marinade on the potatoes. Continue until they are caramelized and slightly crunchy on the outside.
- 5Tip: When brushing the marinade over the potatoes balance each end of the metal skewer over a bowl to make it easier. These kebabs are lovely with barbequed meats, game or seafood or delicious on their own.