- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 15 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 20 minutes
- Serves 4
Quick & easy
This veggie potato salad is filled with green beans, mozzarella, pine nuts and wild garlic pesto. It's super easy to make and perfect for the warmer months.
- 500g New/Baby potatoes (we used Pink Fir Apple, but you can use any firm potato variety)
- 200g green beans
- 150g mini mozzarella balls
- 100g wild garlic (If you're unable to get wild garlic, 100g of fresh basil and 1 large clove of garlic would also work)
- 60g pine nuts
- 60g Parmesan cheese
- 100-130ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Cut the potatoes into bite sized pieces and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes, until tender. Drain and allow to cool.
- 2Cook the green beans in boiling water for 5 minutes then drain and rinse in cold water.
- 3Make the pesto by washing the wild garlic and placing it in a food processor. Lightly toast the pine nuts and grate the Parmesan cheese and add these to the wild garlic. Blitz together for 10 seconds or so, then gradually add the olive oil until you get a nice thick consistency.
- 4Place the potatoes, green beans and mozzarella balls into a large bowl and stir through a couple of tablespoons of the pesto (or more if desired) until all is coated.
- 5Spoon onto a dish and add salt and pepper to serve.