- Skill level
- Keen cook
- Preparation Time
- 5 mins
- Cooking Time
- 15 mins
- Serves 4
Quick & easy
A full-on filling salad with a difference.This salad packs a serious punch, combining flavourful ingredients that complement each other perfectly.
- 750g new / salad potatoes
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 230g chestnut mushrooms
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 red onion peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 100g cubed blue cheese eg Spanish Picos, Stilton or a blue goats’ cheese
- Salt and black pepper to season
- Baby spinach and/or rocket leaves to serve
- 1Steam or microwave the potatoes for 9-10 minutes until cooked.
- 2Gently sauté the chopped onions, crushed garlic, parsley, thyme and seasoning in the melted butter for 1-2 minutes.
- 3Cut the mushrooms into thick slices and add to the pan with the cooked potatoes and continue to sauté until golden.
- 4Place the spinach/rocket leaves onto a serving plate and top with the hot potato and mushroom mixture.
- 5Sprinkle over the cubes of blue cheese before serving.