- Skill level
- Keen cook
- Preparation Time
- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 50 minutes
- Serves 4
Special edition BBQ recipe - developed by Hoggy's GrillThese BBQ-style scalloped potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your al-fresco buffet. Add a chipotle sauce to the potatoes to give it an extra smoky kick!
- 4 large baking potatoes, finely sliced
- 400ml fresh double cream
- 100ml smoky chipotle sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1Set up your grill for indirect cooking at around 200°C / Fan 190 °C / Gas mark 6.
- 2In a large, oiled, ovenproof dish or cast-iron skillet arrange the sliced potatoes from the outside in.
- 3Mix the cream, chipotle sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper and half the parmesan together.
- 4After the second layer of potatoes, cover with a layer of the liquid.
- 5Continue with more potatoes, alternating with the liquid until everything is used up. Make sure your final layer is liquid, not potato!
- 6Sprinkle over the remaining parmesan cheese, place in the preheated BBQ and cook for approximately 50 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through and the parmesan cheese is golden brown on top.