- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 30 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 1 hour
- Serves 1
Encourage the kids to get creative in the kitchen with these baked potato beasts. They're delicious, healthy and super fun to make.
Ingredients for each baked potato beast
- 1 large baking potato
- A little olive oil
- Sea salt
- A knob of butter
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- A selection of salad vegetables, cut into pieces - We used red pepper, radishes, cherry tomatoes, edamame beans and a spring onion, but try whatever takes you fancy!
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C / Fan 160°C / Gas 4.
- 2Wash each potato, rub with oil and sprinkle with a little sea salt. (This will help the skin to get lovely and crispy).
- 3Place the potatoes directly on to the oven shelf and bake for around an hour or until tender.
- 4Remove from the oven and cut in half lenghways.
- 5Scoop out the middles and mash them in a bowl with the butter and cream cheese. Scoop them back in to the potato, decorate and serve. (Or serve and let the kids decorate their own!)