- Skill level
- Keen cook
- Preparation Time
- 15 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 20 minutes
- Serves 4-6
These breakfast hash browns can be prepared in advance. To reheat from frozen, place in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 15-20 minutes. Quick and easy to make, and requiring only three ingredients, they’re ideal for a lazy weekend brunch.
- 350g potatoes (Desiree works well, but you could you could use any firm all-rounder), peeled and grated
- 1 small onion, peeled and grated
- 1 egg (small), beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Light oil spray
- 1Take a muslin cloth or clean tea towel and place the grated potatoes and grated onion in the middle. Hold all the corners together so you can squeeze the excess water out of the potatoes.
- 2Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and season. Thoroughly combine.
- 3Form into circles or desired shape.
- 4Place a large frying pan on a medium heat. Spray with a light oil spray and fry the hash browns for 8-10 minutes on each side or until cooked through and golden.