- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 12-15 minutes
- Serves 2
For a light Chinese-style meal without the rice, this is the perfect way to use up leftover cooked chicken (breast or thigh) and potatoes. If you’d prefer a vegan version substitute the chicken for 60g unsalted cashew nuts.
- 300g New/Baby potatoes, cooked and sliced into small wedges
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 125g baby corn, sliced lengthways
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice seasoning
- 2 pak choi, sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 - 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 170g cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Sea salt and black pepper to season
- 1Heat up a wok or large frying pan on the hob. Add the oil, heat for 1 minute and stir fry the potato wedges for 3 - 4 minutes.
- 2Add the mushrooms, baby corn and red pepper and stir fry for a further 3 minutes.
- 3Sprinkle in the five-spice, stir well and then add the pak choi and spring onion and continue to stir fry for 2 - 3 minutes. Add the chicken and soy sauce and stir fry until heated through.
- 4Season, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.