- Skill level
- Keen cook
- Preparation Time
- 5 mins
- Cooking Time
- 40-45 mins
- Serves 2-3
Quick & easy
The flavours of earthy beets and sweet carrots combine perfectly with potatoes in this simply healthy dish.Enjoy roasted roots in the height of summer for the perfect addition to a BBQ or summer feast - best enjoyed with friends and family.
- 2 large potatoes, cut into thin wedges (a good baking variety like Marfona or Estima works well)
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into wedges
- 4 small baby beetroots, peeled, trimmed and halved
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp light olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 heaped tbsp brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and black pepper to season
- 1Combine all the dressing ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well.
- 2Add the root vegetables to the bowl and coat well with the dressing. Tip onto a roasting tray and spread out in a thin layer.
- 3Place in a pre-heated oven to 200°C / Fan 180°C / Fan 6 and roast for 40-45 minutes. Turn half way through cooking so that the vegetables cook evenly.
- 4Serve and enjoy.