- Skill level
- Preparation Time
- 20 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 30 minutes
- Serves 4
Quick & easy
These are so easy to make and all the ingredients can be prepared the night before you want to serve them.They’re also very healthy and low in fat, using sweet potatoes, red peppers and low-fat halloumi cheese. Serve these for brunch or a light lunch with a zingy ginger dressing and salad.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large red peppers
- 1 and 1/2 x 250g (375g) packs light halloumi cheese (low-fat)
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
For the dressing
- 2 inch (5cms) fresh ginger root, peeled & finely minced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, peeled & finely minced
- 3 tablespoons cider apple vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1Preheat oven 200°C /Fan 180°C / Gas 6.
- 2Wash and scrub the sweet potatoes and dry them. Slice the sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch slices. You need three slices per stack.
- 3Cut the red peppers into rings and de-seed them. You need two slices per stack.
- 4Cut the halloumi cheese into thick slices, you need two slices per stack.
- 5Arrange the sweet potatoes on a baking tray and drizzle one tablespoon of the olive oil over the slices. Turn them over so both sides are coated in olive oil.
- 6Bake for 30 minutes adding the peppers after 20 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, fry the halloumi slices in the remaining olive oil over a low heat until they’re golden brown on both sides.
- 8Remove the sweet potatoes and peppers from the oven.
- 9Build the stacks on a serving platter; place a sweet potato slice on the bottom, then a halloumi slice, then the pepper. (You will need to make a cut in the peppers, and curl them around in a circle to fit)
- 10Continue with sweet potato, halloumi, pepper and finally the third sweet pepper slice.
- 11Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and drizzle some of the dressing over the stacks.
- 12Serve with salad and the rest of the dressing.