By Luke Willcox – New product development team
Get stuck into your favourite comforting classics with our simple, family-friendly recipe ideas. From cottage pies to chips and gravy, a comforting meal is sure to keep you warm throughout the season.
Potatoes are the perfect ingredient to keeping you warm over winter, they’re versatile and packed full of goodness making them ideal for preparing delicious and nutritious meals. We’ve put together a list of our favourite autumn recipes, whether you’re looking for a winter dish, a healthier breakfast alternative or a recipe to get the kids involved.
Try our best ever comforting recipe ideas
Best ever breakfasts
- Scottish tattie scones complement any traditional breakfast and are a tasty alternative to bread
2. These super simple breakfast hash browns are quick and easy to make, and require only three ingredients
3. Our breakfast potato cakes are a great way to use up leftover spuds, why not top with smoked salmon and poached eggs to make a filling breakfast or brunch
Cooking for kids
4. Recreate a school dinner favourite with our retro potato croquettes
5. These homemade potato smiley faces are a great way to get the kids in the kitchen and make the perfect comfort food
6. Our deliciously moreish sweet potato brownies are vegan, gluten-free and a healthy alternative to the traditional sweet treat
7. Poutine is a Canadian street food dish and our oven-based version is just as good – It’s made with chips topped with cheese curd and a rich gravy
8. This rich potato pithivier is perfect for cheese lovers and puts a modern twist on a traditional pie
9. A cottage pie is a great British classic winter dish, try our seasonal version with cavola nero and a sweet potato top
Have you got a favourite autumn dish or recipe you would like to share? Join the conversation using @seasonalspuds on Twitter, by liking us on Facebook, or following us on Instagram.